Jason Sando

Friday, February 01, 2008

Making WSDL more ... relaxing.

I have a new proof-of-concept project over at google-code to try to take the grunt work out of creating standards-compliant WSDL. The project is at http://code.google.com/p/relax-ws/

I started with RelaxNG Compact schema, as I feel it is important to use the XSD type library for maximum compatability (rather than making a DSL in some other language). The remaining syntax came out of a desire to have a consistent syntax.

It is a proof of concept, but we've already been using it at work to begin new WSDL's for some of our .Net development (therefore I know it works with wsdl.exe). To me, success is measured by when I don't use the tool for a week, and can then launch a text editor and just start typing. There's no way I could ever do that with WSDL!

Let me know what you think!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Great idea.
    It's much more readable then wsdl.
    --
    ps: i'm using this project and want to be a committer!

    By Blogger daggett, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home